4.16.2007

Mother of all updates

Upcoming concerts in Utah that I want to go to:

April 30th - Gwen Stefani - Delta Center ($60)
June 5th - The Veronicas - Avalon ($12)
July 7th - Warped Tour - Fair Grounds ($73)
September 11th - Keith Urban & The Wreckers - Delta Center ($95)


I love it when people are on hold for 4 minutes and 12 seconds and immediately say, "I've been on hold for FOREVER and FINALLY someone picked up." I bet that doctor uses the Microwave directions on the Pop-Tarts box. Seriously, man.. loosen up your schedule a bit.


Not sure what I'm going to do about this summer. I'm going to be working my butt off with one full-time and one part-time job, with balancing a couple of online classes (which actually should be pretty fun and easy). I'm not 100% sure about moving out into the apartment I've been seriously considering moving to. The plan was to move out next month into an apartment down in Provo with my good friend Jaimie. We'd each have a private room, with 2 other roommates. Rent would be about $200 a month, which really isn't bad at all. My rent last year in my severely ghetto (but awesome) apartment by the stadium was $135, plus any utilities above $40. (I only ended up paying about $20 in utilities total for the whole summer. Woot!) It would be a TOTAL blast, Jaimie is so fun and I love living out on my own. However, I really love living at my dad and stepmom's house too, despite the stigma of "living with your parents" which really isn't a stigma yet at my age anyway. I have as much freedom as I would living out on my own, plus lots more free food, rent, laundry, air conditioning, and a pet. I could afford it, really. I don't know though, it would cost about $800-$1000 more overall to move out than it would to stay at home, above the regular costs of what I'm doing right now. That's quite a bit of money.. One of the main points of living with my parents was to get on top of things with finances, to pay off my car and have enough money for school and not go in to debt. I don't think I'd go into debt out in an apartment for the summer, but that'd be $800-$1000 that I'd be down. I could be saving that for France next year. I could use that extra money to help pay off my car.

I could also use some of that money to go to Hawaii at the end of May... Hehe AND I still gotta figure out when and how I'm gonna go visit Maryland this summer. :)

This has been a year for many travels! So far this year.. February -- Denver. March -- Vegas and Disneyland. April -- New Mexico. Yes, I went to New Mexico this weekend! Finally, all four of "the siblings" were together in one place at one time. Sarah and Jason (my sister and brother-in-law) drove down with their kids from Denver, and Jenna and I drove down from here. We left about 2:30 PM on Friday and got to Albuquerque around 12:30 or so, checked into a hotel and totally crashed. The whole of Saturday was spent hanging out with Robert, his kids, Sarah and Jason and their kids. Jenna, Rob, and I went and had breakfast/lunch at the restaurant where he works, then picked up his two little girls Audi and Ambri. Then we went to the mall to see Hailey, their older daughter. She's about 14, and she's got a boooooyfriend. We all went to the zoo (sans Hailey and the boooooyfriend) which was a total blast despite all the animals being NOT out in their areas. There were some peacocks chilling around the bushes though. Good times. :-D Then we went to a park, took some "four siblings" pictures for the first time since I was about 11 years old, then hung out at Rob's place for a bit.

Then Jenna and I decided to drive home that night instead of sleeping and driving home the next day. Whew! Craziness. It was alright, overall. The last hour could have been potentially disastrous, but we made it home safe and sound around 6 AM. :-D It really was a good trip. I'm sure Jenna has posted tons of pictures on her blog (or will shortly) so I'll save the space on mine. :)


So my work computer exploded. Ever heard or imagined the sound of a carrier jet taking off? Yeah, my CPU fan became a carrier jet. I spent most of Friday and a good portion of today getting a computer figured out that would let me actually use what I needed to use for doing my job. :-D It was fun! I got to play with computers and install and sit on my bum not taking phone calls, AND be approved for it. Sweet!

Speaking of jobs, I start training back at Convergys today. Should be interesting.. I'm kind of excited, actually. There's potential for making lots of new friends, since there's a huge new bunch of people working there and I'll be with my training group for probably 3-4 weeks. This summer I WILL be avoiding the mistake I made last summer, that finally is coming to a final resolute resting place.

I wrote these lyrics, while listening to my friend Kr5is's new song. They've been tweaked a little bit since then and will continue to be tweaked:
Your eyes, colors of the universe
Color the universe inside my soul
Your symphony dazzling before my eyes
And I am taken.
This feeling soft like feathers
Held in secret under wing
Filed away between moments of life
And our hearts left unbroken

Sand through the glass
Slowly playing all too fast
Swirling through the air
Between here and now, tomorrrow

Colors shift and twirl through your hair
Shifting too hard, becoming a blur
So mistaken, now forsaking you.
You couldn’t see my face
Trust, you have been misplaced
Somewhere beneath dusty rugs and linen laced with lies
You said you'd be there

Sand through the glass
Slips through the cracks
Slowly hurrying to lick the wound left behind
And I realize

Sand through the glass
Slips through the cracks
Never lost, going back home
Eyes opening slowly knowingly now
They're going back home
They’re going back home
I’m going back home



And yeah. Ummm... yeah. I haven't really written any sort of poetry/lyrics that I was at all happy with in about a year and a half, probably. I've gotten really good at repressing things. So good, in fact, that recently all those repressed feelings of anger and hurt bubbled to the surface just at the moment I thought things were fine. The past two months have practically been the journey all over again. Those lyrics, they're my journey. I can't image the words and phrases make too much sense all jumbled together like that, but it makes perfect sense to my experience.



Since this has been the mother of updates, I'm going to be wrapping this up. Tell me what you think of the lyrics, if you read them! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home