12.10.2006

As the eyelids slide slowly closed..

Am I the only one who sits here staring at the blank textbox for a long time before actually writing something? Hmm. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's 1:40 AM.

It feels weird to type with my left hand. Since I got my guitar back from my sister on Sunday, I've played it every single day. I learned 2 new full songs, which is kind of a big deal because I only knew 2 full songs before this week. So yay, now I know 4. They're all pretty, and 3 of them are way super easy. One of the new ones this week was kinda hard to get down, at my level. But now I can play all 4 songs straight through at full speed and sing along too. LJ, wow! I'm a big kid now.
Anyway, the point is -- it feels weird to type with my left hand because of the calluses that are forming on my fingertips. That is all.

Man, I'm so tired. But I really want to update, as this has been the greatest weekend I've had in a really long time. And the best part? No Bumface! This weekend was the first weekend in 6 months where I didn't even want to see him. In fact, there was someone else I wanted to see and fortunately got to see for about an hour and a half last night/this morning. This "someone else" shall be updated about at a later time. :) But, Friday started off pretty well, with my accidental sleeping in and missing of classes, which resulted in my waking up really refreshed and rested. Got my paycheck deposited in the bank, went and did my drug test for my new job, and then had a great day at work.. I talked to Jake, my team leader, and officially gave my resignation. I won't really be working this week, I'll just be using my 18.5 hours of PTO (paid time off) and working maybe an hour a day, IF that. But not Wednesday!....heheh.. Wednesday holds big plans.. Anyway!

After I left work, I just came home and relaxed for a couple of hours. Played guitar, talked to my family, ate dinner.. The whole shebang. Went to Laura's party, "Bomb Voyage" haha. I stayed there for about 45 minutes, then left to go meet up with my really good friend Jaimie at the UVSC Institute dance. I'd never been to one before.. I was basically picturing it to be a lame, bigger version of the retarded stake dances back home. But it was surprisingly awesome! We ended up in this big group of people, some people from work and friends and friends' friends, and we were all dancing right in the middle of the packed floor. They played pretty good music and it was incredibly liberating, to just let go and go crazy and have a blast with awesome people, even did Karaoke with Jaimie and the Johns (Ricky Bobby and John John) and Alex. Yay for Twist & Shout! haha

After the dance ended at midnight, we all decided to go out to IHOP, but the IHOP here in Orem was totally packed, so we drove up to the one in American Fork. Oh man... the drive up there was awesome, the food was awesome, the conversations and laughing attacks and the waiters were all awesome, aaand the fact that I didn't have to pay for my food was pretty awesome too. :-D And, of course, since it was a Friday night and we were all incredibly hyper, there was no way we were calling it a night at only 2:30 AM. So we did what any group of college students will do. Wal-Mart, baby! We walked around Wal-Mart for a little while before discovering the perfectly positioned TV and game of Guitar Hero just sitting there waiting to be played by any passersby, along with cushions and chairs and an empty shelf. Lots of fun, great success. :-D I even got a turn at Guitar Hero, even though I totally sucked at it, hahah.. I had texted Ben and told him to come to Wal-Mart on his way home from work if he wanted to, since I knew he gets off work at 3AM. He showed up right as I was starting my turn at GuitarHero. Great fun! I totally didn't get home until 5:00 this morning, that's how long we sat around chilling in the aisle in Wal-Mart.... and it was beautiful.

Lots of hyper, crazy fun times yesterday. Today was a bit more low key, but still totally awesome. Got a new watch (as mine fell off somewhere in transit from work to home, how unfortunate), hung out with Pavel, played guitar, went to Fazoli's with Jaimie and John John (not Ricky Bobby) aaaand then watched Home Alone with everyone back at RickyBobby's house. Good times, good times indeed.

I feel a certain freedom. It's been coming for a couple of weeks, but it really solidified last night. I may not know how I feel about certain things, but I definitely know what I don't feel, and that is how I used to feel. It really is done, and it's such a huge relief.

Yay, one more week till I start Dentrix. I'm excited and terrified and antsy and nervous all at the same time. I feel quite a bit out of my league, and it will be a challenge, but I'm up to it.

Holy crap, I'm unbelievably tired... Definitely bedtime. Very definitely.

But the future is bright once again.

Good night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

<< Yay, one more week till I start Dentrix.

Welcome aboard!

To paraphrase your sister: She said you are a great American.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home