12.07.2006

C'est la fin

It's December. Lots of things end in December -- the end of the semester, the end of the long built-up anticipation for Christmas, the last of Fall weather, the end of the last few pennies spent on holiday gifts... But for me, this December holds more endings and beginnings than that. Yes, the semester is ending, which is a BIG relief, and which also ends my academic probationary status at BYU. But this month is bringing the end of my dead-end job at Convergys. After next Saturday, I won't be working for Cingular anymore -- I'll be working in the High Tech department at a company called Dentrix. So many things are so much better there. Yeah, I'll be kind of out of my league for a couple of weeks until I catch up and catch on to everything that's involved, and get to know the software I'll be supporting and all of that, but overall it feels like it's just going to be a lot better than where I am right now. Better pay, awesome benefits, awesome people, awesome experience, better work environment.. You know. All the goods.

I'm finally ending the Bumface chapter of my life, as well. It's ending in my head and in my heart, despite the fact that in reality there probably wasn't much there to end. It should have ended a long time ago, but hey, what is December for but to have some things come to a close, to make way for bigger and better things in the year to come? I'll be out of his life, and more importantly, he'll be out of my life. At this point, after everything that's happened, he would have to do something pretty drastic to keep me around. I've done my part, I tried hard, but you know what they say about beating a dead horse.

I'm moving in to a house in February. Sweet!! It's such a gorgeous place with really cheap rent and toons of space. There's a huge fenced in backyard with a weeping willow, perfect view of Mt. Timpanogos on the northern side and a perfect place to watch the sunsets towards the west. The girls I'll be living with are completely amazing, and one of them will be bringing her dog to live with us. So, great roommates and a beautiful house and my own room and a sweet dog and freedom and independence.. That spells perfection.


Also, December has brought the end of my beta fish. RIP, Fish! You will be missed. I'm sorry I killed you by changing your water. I won't do that to my next fish, I promise. You didn't die in vain!


Goodbye Convergys. Hello Techiedom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home