6.21.2007

Unable to initialize health.exe

I can't remember the last time I was this sick. I feel like my whole body is infected with something. My head is swimming, my muscles have committed mutiny and THEY decide when they want to work, not me. I'm exhausted but seem to only be able to sleep during the daylight hours. I can't talk. My throat burns, but apparently it isn't strep, despite the white blisters on my very red and swollen tonsils. My left eye is all puffy and red, my glands are swollen, and, just to top it all off, I'm starving but have no appetite! Sad day, eh? Not to mention the coughing fits!

Being sick is lame. It started on Thursday night/Friday morning, with 2 hours of uncontrollable chills and other fun stuff. I went to the doctor on Monday, which is where they found out it's not strep, but he thought it might be Mono. LAME. Aren't you supposed to at least get a good makeout session out of it when you get mono? Seriously!

Maybe it's just my body telling me I need to freaking slow down. That even though I feel like I could and should be able to take on the world AND work 80 hours a week, I really can't. That yes, your emotional well-being really does affect your physical well-being. And that no, you can't make up for being tired emotionally and trying to hold up other people by throwing yourself into working non-stop. Dang it.

Not to mention that I'm irritated this is making me miss work. I don't have any PTO left! I feel horrible for missing, too, like I'm missing my best friend's wedding every day I miss work. What's up with that? I went in to Dentrix today, because I was feeling sort of okay this morning, and I only lasted 3 hours. This is ridiculous!

I almost kind of want to quit, though. GAH. I don't know! I just wish I wasn't sick.

BUT! Happiness is that I get to talk to my mom every day now. I got to see her, and spend time with all of my siblings in the same place at the same time. All 5 of us all together for the first time in probably 10 years. Well, all together and having a good time for the first time in about 10 years, hehe. It really was awesome. I missed my Mommy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kr5is said...

Dang! I hope you get feeling better!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

70 to 80 hours a week isn't too hard. The trick is, having jobs that only require about "15 minutes of real ACTUAL work in any given week." ;)

I'm sure that health.exe had a memory dump and restart by now... one would hope so.

Keep blogging!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home