2.07.2005

I burn, I pine, I perish

It's 2:37 AM and I'm still not asleep. Man, that sucks. Me and Sleep (or, should I say, "sleep and I") are very, very good friends. I think my bed is one of my most favoritest places. One of a few.. Anyway.
I need a job. Does anyone want to give me a job?
I'm tired. When I'm tired, my mind goes a little bit crazy. What's the difference from normal, you might ask? Well, perhaps the difference is that when I'm tired, I'm more likely to write and ramble a little bit of my crazy mind into such an outlet as this.
I had a dream that one of "my girls" wanted to leave BYU and go home. I don't think I can even say how incredibly sad that would make me. She is so much of my smiles each day, and I have come to love her like a sister. The worst part of my dream, though, was that I knew going home wouldn't make things any better for her. She was really sad. I felt this incredibly powerful desire to help in some way. Not to make things perfect.. Life doesn't need to be perfect. Heaven knows, happiness isn't a life without pain, but rather a life in which pain is traded for a worthy cause. A life in which after the pain, you see the reasons and how you've grown, how you've been strengthened, how you will make life better. That is where happiness is found. I've realized that people have so much strength inside of them...but for some reason, people refuse to see it. Although, our own strength sometimes really might not be enough. I don't necessarily believe in the old adage that "God won't give us anything we can't handle." I think God sometimes gives us things that are beyond are capability so that we'll learn to rely on Him, to trust Him. We are given pain so we can recognize happiness.
But, of course, it's hard to see that during the pain. It's hard to see the sun when you're underneath the rainclouds, even though it's always there, just waiting.

A quote from a good friend's profile: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." So here's to the moments, both good and bad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hols! i miss you and your nonsense but true and meaningful rambling...hehe that quote was from my profile. *hugs* :) i love you!

ashy

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home