4.29.2005

Like a handprint on my heart

Today was a pretty good day. I noticed something on the way to drop something off with my mom, something off a road I've been on thousands of times, and never noticed before. It's just one little tree, but it made me so happy. It's amazing how one small thing can make (or break...) a good day. After work, my mom and I did some shopping, which was cool. We finally got a frame for my bed, which I'll be putting together tomorrow (woot) and so that's fun. Aaand, I got a couple much-needed tanktops/undershirts. Yay. And then I was gonna hang out with Meryem but didn't end up doing that...which made me sad but we'll hang out sometime next week. So Ryan came over for a bit, and helped me move some boxes downstairs to our little storage room and we chatted for a while. It was cool. I always forget how much that kid takes on himself. There's so much he never talks about anymore, though. I miss the Ryan I used to know, but I suppose I need to start getting to know the new one, if we're gonna stay friends. That's the cool thing about growing up -- you get to know a whole TON of different people... even if it's just the same people you've known forever. But you change, and they change, and sometimes you lose friends to the people they become (or the person you've become), but sometimes you get to have a brand new friend with all the same memories.
But sometimes you wish things didn't have to be just memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home