3.29.2006

I worked my butt off for this?

Have you ever been royally screwed over by someone you've given an unbelievable amount of time and energy for? Yeah. It's fun.

I've been killing myself working 60+ hours a week for this dang research study, for 12 weeks straight. Minus last week, since I only worked Monday-Wednesday and 2 hours on Thursday, I only got 40 hours for last week. (Yeah, in 3 days I worked 40 hours, jerks.) I've been doing everything that the other ladies 1) don't want to do and 2) don't have time to do. I'm not just a stupid temp, dang it! So yesterday I talked to Gale on the phone, and she asked me when my last day of work would be. As we were getting off the phone, she said "Well, work as much as you want to until you leave." Okay, to me, that indicates that I could actually "work as much as I want to" which means to keep working as much as I can, getting as much done as possible, in however many hours that takes. Then in the afternoon she sent out an email saying, "There will be no overtime for temps or Kelly Service employees. Any overtime by staff" -- that means Jan and Robin -- "must be approved by Dr. Horton." etc etc. um.... ??? So apparently "work as much as you want" translates to "We think you're stealing our money and not working, so you can't work overtime anymore or be fraudulant." Since that makes a whole crapload of sense.

So now there's a choice. Do I say, "Well, thanks for the good times, but please take this job and shove it." or do I work my measely little 40 hours the next 3 weeks? There's SO much I get done in those extra 20+ hours. They just have no idea. I kind of want to say, "Yeah, thanks, but no thanks" and after this week just be done with them.. but then again, I'd feel really bad for Jan and Robin. They are gonna be overwhelmed enough without me doing what I do when I leave, but for me to just up and be done, they'd probably freak out. It'd be $860 I wouldn't get, cuz for 40 hours I take home $433...stupid taxes. But having my last two weeks here work-free is highly appealing. After having SO much fun last weekend, it's really hard to go back to work anyway. Plus, it's not like Gale or Dr. Fishman would care if I quit working 2 weeks earlier than planned. The only ones it'd affect would be Jan and Robin. I'm just fed up. Bah.

I'll probably stay on. At least for this week and next week. Maybe I'll take off that last week, and settle with making it back to Utah with about $1700 in my bank account and my car only half paid off.


Anyway, this past weekend/trip to NC was amazingly awesome. I've lost motivation to write more at the moment though.. I'm still ticked about all that other stuff up there. *shakes fist*

1 Comments:

Blogger famousjay said...

Hey, you worked your butt off. That's good, right?

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home